There are many different items to find, grow and craft in Stardew Valley. Some items can be pretty beneficial and game-changing, and others not as much, yet still retain their respective benefits.
Maple syrup is an item that comes in the category of sap. It can be used simply as a consumable due to its energy and health boost properties.
It is required for completing the community center and can be used to craft one significant item. Now let’s find out how you can get your hands on some Maple Syrup in Stardew Valley.
How to Get Maple Syrup in Stardew Valley
You will need the following two items in order to acquire maple syrup:
- Maple tree
Your character also needs to be at least foraging level 3.
- A maple tree can be found on the farm and in town. As shown above, it looks similar to oak trees which are comparatively leafier than maple trees.
- If you wish to plant them nearby, you can use maple seeds which can be obtained by shaking other maple trees.
- They can also be dug up next to other trees if you need them to grow in another location.
- This is done via the pick axe or axe.
- It should be mentioned, however, that seeds only drop if you are at least foraging level 1.
- Next up, you will need a tapper to extract the maple syrup from a maple tree.
- This item can only be crafted if your foraging is at least level 3.
- To craft it, you need 40 wood and two copper bars.
- Copper bars can be acquired by smelting copper ore in a furnace.
- Copper ore can be found easily on floors (2-39) since they have a higher concentration of copper ore relative to other floors.
- Once you have successfully crafted a tapper, simply place it on a maple tree and wait for it to produce the sap; maple syrup.
- The tapper can also be placed on other trees for their respective sap as well. All sap needs a different amount of time to produce.
- The maple syrup requires explicitly nine days to get ready to be collected.
The Stardew Valley patch 1.5 introduces a helpful item called the heavy tapper. This halves the production time of every sap. This is, however, an incredibly late-game item for obvious reasons. (ambien)
To acquire this, players must have access to Ginger Island and must have collected at least 100 golden walnuts. This allows the player to access a room with an NPC called Mr. Qi, who rewards the player with Qi gems for completing his quests.
The player can then purchase the heavy tapper recipe for 20 gems using 20 Qi gems.
To summarise, maple syrup can be obtained by tapping maple trees. It can also occasionally be obtained after processing hardwood in a wood chipper.
Maple syrup, as mentioned in the intro, is used to obtain the Chef’s Bundle and the Exotic Foraging Bundle in the community center. It is also required to craft a bee house for forming honey.
One thing to note is that maple syrup is labeled as “Artisan Goods”, but it does not benefit from the artisan profession. Instead, it benefits from the tapper profession with a +25% sell price.
All in all, maple syrup is not an item necessary for progressing in the game, but it never hurts to have a maple bar or two in your back pocket to boost your skills.
Hopefully, now you know how to get Maple Syrup in Stardew Valley. Stay tuned for more informative and interesting guides.