Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 comes with a new way to upgrade your lightsaber. While the original Kotor only had two upgrade slots, Kotor 2 has five upgrade slots. Kotor 2 includes the same two crystal slots as the original but now comes with the option to add a cell, an emitter, and a lens. These additional slots give you a lot more options when it comes to customizing your lightsaber for battle. We’ve compiled a list of every crystal and addon for lightsabers and included some of the best lightsaber builds in Kotor 2 for you to use. If you’re interested in more Kotor content, check out our article on the best planet order for Kotor 2!
Please note that most items in Kotor 2 are random. Crystals must be found by the player, but cells, emitters, and lenses can be crafted if you have the materials and skill level.
Here are all the different crystals and addons for lightsabers in the game. If you’re just interested in lightsaber builds, scroll to the bottom to see our favorite builds.
All Crystals in KOTOR 2
- Adegan – +2 Damage
- Ankarres Sapphire – +2 STR, +1 DEX, +2 Vitality Regeneration, Keen (double critical range)
- Barab Ore Ingot – +2-12 Fire Damage
- Bondar – 25% chance to stun for 6 seconds DC10
- Damind – +3 Attack Bonus
- Dragite – +1 Sonic Damage, +1 CON
- Eralam – +2 Damage, +2 Attack Bonus
- Firkrann – +2-12 Droid Damage, +2 Attack Bonus
- Jenraux – +2 Damage, +5 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Kaiburr – +3 WIS, +3 CON, +3 Health Regeneration
- Kasha – +1 Attack Bonus, +2 Wisdom
- Lorrdian Gemstone – +3 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Nextor – +1 Damage, Keen (double critical range)
- Opila – +3 Damage, +2-12 Damage on Crit
- Phond – +1-6 Physical Damage
- Pontite – +1-10 Cold Damage, +2 CHA
- Qixoni – +5 Damage, +1 Force Regeneration (Dark Jedi Only)
- Rubat – +1 Damage, +1 Attack Bonus
- Ruusan – +1 WIS, +1 CHA
- Sapith – +3 Damage, +2 Attack Bonus
- Sigil – +1-6 Damage, +1 Attack Bonus
- Solari – +3 Damage, +1-8 Dark Side Damage, +3 Attack Bonus
- Stygium – +1 Attack Bonus, +1 DEX, +4 Stealth
- Ultima-Pearl – +2 Damage, +3 Attack, +1-6 Critical Damage
- Upari – +1-8 Damage, +3 Attack
- Velmorite +1 DEX, Keen (double critical range)
There is a crystal called Hurrikaine that can only be gained through the Giveitem cheat or by installing the Restored Content Mod. If you have that mod installed this crystal can be found on a corpse in the Trayus Academy on Malachor V. It gives your lightsaber +1-8 Unstoppable Damage and on hit will knockdown your opponent if they fail a DC18.
- Diatium Energy Cell – +1 Damage
- Improved Diatium Energy Cell – +2 Damage
- Superior Diatium Energy Cell – +4 Damage
- Ultimate Diatium Energy Cell – +5 Damage
- Discharge Energy Cell – +1-3 Critical Damage
- Improved Discharge Energy Cell – +1-6 Critical Damage
- Superior Discharge Energy Cell – +1-8 Critical Damage
- Telgorn Jolt Cell Mark I – +1-3 Electrical Damage
- Telgorn Jolt Cell Mark II – +1-4 Electrical Damage
- Telgorn Jolt Cell Mark III – +1-8 Electrical Damage
- Ion Energy Cell – +1-4 Droid Damage, +1-4 Critical Damage
- Improved Energy Cell – +1 Ion Damage, +1-8 Droid Damage, +1-3 Critical Damage
- Superior Energy Cell – +2 Ion Damage, +1-12 Droid Damage, +1-6 Critical Damage
- Deflection Emitter – +1 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Improved Deflection Emitter – +1 Defense, +2 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Expert Deflection Emitter – +1 Defense, +4 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Disrupting Emitter – 25% Chance to Slow for 2 Rounds DC10, -1 Defense
- Advanced Disrupting Emitter – 25% Chance to Stun for 2 Rounds DC10, -1 Defense
- Superior Disrupting Emitter – 25% Chance to Stun for 3 Rounds DC14, -1 Defense
- Crude Phobium Emitter – 25% Chance to Slow for 2 Rounds DC14, -3 Defense
- Synthesized Phobium Emitter – 25% Chance to Stun for 2 Rounds DC14, -3 Defense
- Alloy Phobium Emitter – 25% Chance to Stun for 3 Rounds DC18, -3 Defense
- Refined Phobium Emitter – 50% Chance to Slow for 3 Rounds DC18, -1 Defense
- Fencing Emitter – +1 Defense, -2 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +1 Energy Damage
- Improved Fencing Emitter – +2 Defense, -2 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +2 Energy Damage
- Expert Fencing Emitter – +2 Defense, +3 Energy Damage
- Synthesized Kunda Lens – +1 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Pure Kunda Lens – +1 Attack Bonus, +2 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Ossus Dueling Lens – +2 Attack Bonus, +3 Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Adegan Lens – +1-12 Energy Damage
- Ponite Lens – +1 Attack Bonus, +2-12 Energy Damage
- Synthesized Bryothsis Lens – +1 Attack, -2 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +1 Energy Damage
- Pure Bryothsis Lens – +2 Attack, -3 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +2 Energy Damage
- Enhanced Bryothsis Lens – +3 Attack, -4 Blaster Bolt Deflection, +4 Energy Damage
- Beam Gem Lens – +1 Energy Damage, Keen (double critical range)
- Improved Beam Gem Lens – +1 Attack Bonus, +2 Energy Damage, Keen (double critical range)
- Vibration Lens – +1-8 Energy Damage, -1 Attack Bonus, -1 Defense Bonus
- Improved Vibration Lens – +2-12 Energy Damage, -1 Attack Bonus, -1 Defense Bonus
Kotor 2 Best Lightsaber Combinations
With 5 slots and a ton of different options, there are an insane amount of combinations you can make in Kotor 2. Here are the best lightsabers for various situations you may face. Note that your personal lightsaber crystal may be better than one of either crystal offered in these builds. Make sure you compare the stats of your personal crystal to the ones listed below and pick the one that’s best for your situation.
Best for Overall Damage
- Barab Ore Ingot
- Ultimate Diatium Energy Cell
- Expert Fencing Emitter
- Ponite Lens
This combo gives your lightsaber a bunch of different bonuses to hit your foes hard. After installing all of these in your lightsaber of choice, you will have +2-12 Fire Damage, +11-28 Energy Damage, +4 Attack Bonus, +2 Defense! That’s a possible +40 bonus damage if you’re lucky not including any crit damage or your base damage.
Best Lightsaber For Droid Damage
- Barab Ore Ingot
- Superior Ion Energy Cell
- Expert Fencing Emitter
- Pontite Lens
If you’re facing a ton of droids, this should be the loadout you roll up with. You’ll melt through droids with your added +5-26 Ion Damage, +3 Attack Bonus, +2-12 Fire Damage, +1-6 Bonus Crit Damage, +2 Defense, and +5-15 Energy Damage.
Best Lightsaber For Blaster Bolt Deflection
- Any Cell. None have Blaster Bolt Deflection or any sort of defense buff. We suggest Telgorn III or Ultimate Diatium.
- Expert Deflection Emitter
- Ossus Dueling Lens
Sometimes its fun to just knock blaster shots back at your enemies. With these mods, your lightsaber will have a whopping total of +15 bonus Blaster Bolt Deflection, +4 Attack Bonus, and +2 Energy Damage, and +3 Defense. This does not include the bonuses the cell you pick will have.
Best Lightsaber For Critical Hits/Chance
- Superior Discharge Energy Cell
- No Emitter has any increased crit chance or damage. We suggest using the Expert Fencing Emitter as it has some added energy damage (+3).
- Beam Gem Lens
The above add-ons make your lightsaber a crit monster. Keen does not stack so it’s important to only take one Keen add-on. With these installed in your lightsaber, you’ll get +7(+10 with the Fencing Emitter) Energy Damage, +4-26 Bonus Crit Damage, +4 Attack Bonus, and Keen.
And those are the best lightsabers in Kotor 2! We hope you enjoyed our guide and theorycraft some of your own builds!