Assassin’s Creed 2 is one of the best games in the series. Anyone who enjoyed Assassin’s Creed when it first came out undoubtedly played this title as well. It improved upon everything and gave us one of the best Assassin characters to date in Ezio. Playing this game is a joy, but if you need a reason to play it again, getting the platinum trophy should be good enough. In this Assassin’s Creed 2 Trophy Guide, we’ll show you how you can pick up every trophy in the game. We’ll do this in an order that makes sense and won’t see you grinding for a trophy that you could have obtained hours ago.
As with all single-player games, you’re going to pick up a good chunk of the trophies by playing through the story alone. There are fourteen sequences to work through, and a lot of content to play through. Don’t rush it. Instead, take your time and enjoy the story. You will almost certainly pick up some of the random trophies in this list as well, but what we’ll list below are the ones you’re guaranteed to get. As a heads up for later, focus your efforts on getting the Fly Swatter trophy in Sequence 8. It’s the best part of the game to pick it up in. You should also avoid grabbing any feathers until later on. You’ll just get confused when you have to grab them all and you don’t know which ones you’ve missed.
- Bronze: Birth of an Assassin – Be reborn as Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.
- Bronze: Arrivederci Abstergo – Break out of Abstergo.
- Bronze: Fly Swatter – Kick a Guard while using the Flying Machine.
- Silver: Welcome to the Animus 2.0 – Enter the Animus 2.0.
- Silver: The Pain of Betrayal – Complete DNA Sequence 1.
- Silver: Vengeance – Complete DNA Sequence 2.
- Silver: Exit the Son – Complete DNA Sequence 3.
- Silver: Bloody Sunday – Complete DNA Sequence 4.
- Silver: Undertaker – Discover the Assassin’s Tomb inside the catacombs under Santa Maria Novella.
- Silver: The Conspirators – Complete DNA Sequence 5.
- Silver: An Unexpected Journey – Complete DNA Sequence 6.
- Silver: Bleeding Effect – Complete training and reenter the Animus.
- Silver: The Merchant of Venice – Complete DNA Sequence 7.
- Silver: The Impenetrable Palazzo – Complete DNA Sequence 8.
- Silver: Masquerade – Complete DNA Sequence 9.
- Silver: Bianca’s Man – Complete DNA Sequence 10.
- Silver: The Prophet – Complete DNA Sequence 11.
- Silver: The Vault – Complete DNA Sequence 14.
- Gold: An Old Friend Returns – Escape the hideout.
This section of the guide is all about those things you can collect in the world. There are quite a few in this game, so be warned that you’re in for quite a time bringing things together. This is where you may want to reference a walkthrough for specific item locations. Hence why it makes sense to leave them all for the point in the game when you’re working through and grabbing each one.
- Bronze: Myth Maker – Find the 8 statuettes in Monteriggioni.
- Bronze: Vitruvian Man – Unlock all 20 pieces of Subject 16’s video.
- Bronze: I Like the View – Synchronize 10 View Points.
- Bronze: Tip of the Iceberg – Use your Eagle Vision to scan a Glyph in the environment.
- Bronze: A Piece of the Puzzle – Unlock a piece of Subject 16’s video.
- Bronze: In Memory of Petruccio – Collect all the Feathers.
Strongholds and Purchasables
Part of collecting in this game is taking on Strongholds and buying everything you possibly can. The items you buy are added to your base and count towards the amount you earn in the game. It’s well-worth grabbing these early on so you can enhance your home and make even more money by the end of the game. It’ll certainly help in the late game stages.
- Bronze: Handy Man – Upgrade a building in the Stronghold.
- Bronze: Art Connoisseur – Buy a Painting from Florence and Venice.
- Bronze: Podestà of Monteriggioni – Reach 80% of your stronghold’s total value.
- Bronze: Perfect Harmony – Tint your clothes with those colors: Wetland Ebony and Wetland Ivory.
- Bronze: Victory Lies in Preparation – Get all Hidden Blades, Item Pouches and Armor upgrades for Ezio.
These are the random trophies that you really need to be working towards in order to actually gain. They don’t really fit into any other category, though you can certainly pick them up at any point that you’re playing. These are definitely ones that you’ll need to keep checking the trophy list for so that you know what you’re chasing. Try to get a couple of them done each time you play so that the end of the game isn’t a needless slog for you.
- Bronze: Street Cleaner – Hide 5 dead bodies in a Bale of Hay.
- Bronze: Messer Sandman – Stun 4 guards at once by throwing sand in their face.
- Bronze: Doctor – Perform an Air Assassination on a Poisoned NPC.
- Bronze: Kleptomaniac – Pickpocket 1000 Florins.
- Bronze: Lightning Strike – Sprint for 100 meters.
- Bronze: Sweeper – Sweep 5 guards at once by using a Long Weapon.
- Bronze: Venetian Gladiator – Discover the Assassin’s Tomb inside Santa Maria della Visitazione.
- Bronze: I Can See Your House From Here! – Discover the Assassin’s Tomb inside the Torre Grossa.
- Bronze: Hallowed by They Name – Discover the Assassin’s Tomb inside the Basilica di San Marco.
- Bronze: Prison Escape – Discover the Assassin’s Tomb inside the Rocca di Ravaldino fortress.
- Bronze: Choir Boy – Discover the Assassin’s Tomb inside Santa Maria del Fiore (The Duomo).
- Bronze: Assassin For Hire – Complete your first assassination mission for Lorenzo Il Magnifico.
- Bronze: Macho Man – Defend a woman’s honor.
- Bronze: Steal Home – Win a race against thieves!
- Bronze: Show Your Colors – Wear the Auditore cape in each city.
- Bronze: Hogh Dive – Perform a Leap of Faith from the Top of Florence’s Giotto’s Campanile.
- Bronze: Mailman – Intercept a Borgia Courrier.
- Bronze: Red Light Addict – Spend 5000 florins on Courtesans.
- Bronze: Man of the People – Toss more than 300 florins on the ground.
After all of that, you’ll be able to claim the platinum trophy. It takes a lot of effort to actually pick it up, but by the time you do, you’ll be thankful that you can finally add it to your collection. Even if it does suck up dozens of hours of your life.
- Platinum: Master Assassin – Unlock all trophies.