The Sims 4 features life stages like the previous games in this series. The Sims 4 comes with seven life stages: baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder. As your sims age, they lose the ability to do certain things and gain new abilities in return. Sometimes you don’t want to wait around for your sim to age naturally as that can take a long time in-game. If you need your sim to be older, or even younger, you need to use the age up cheat in Sims 4. It’s really simple to use on PC and does not require any mods or any downloads of any kind. Here’s a quick step-by-step list of how to use the cheat.
- Open the command console while in-game with your sim by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time. This will open a little white command line at the top of your screen.
- Enter the following command without the quotation marks “testingcheats true”. This will allow you to use the age cheat and more in Sims 4. You should see “Cheats are activated” pop up in the command console if you entered it correctly.
- Now type in the following command without the quotation marks “cas.fulleditmode on”. As you can guess by the command, this allows you to edit certain things in-game, including your sims age which is what we care most about.
- Now we need to close out the console by pressing the Escape key.
- While holding down the shift key, click on the sim whose age you wish to change. A menu should pop up in a circle around them. In that menu, select the modify in CAS button.
- At the top of the screen, you can pick from the different life stages in the game. You can also change their gender here if you’d like among other things.
- After you’ve selected the life stage you want, simply hit the checkmark in the bottom right and you’re done!
Congratulations, if you followed the above steps you will have successfully used the Sims 4 age up cheat! Remember you can use this age up cheat in Sims 4 to either make your sims younger or older. We hope you enjoyed our guide!