Extraordinary Rendition is an SMG that players can earn in Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen. The weapon was added to the game with this season, and it’s proven to be one of the best legendary SMGs out there. While it’s quite simple to earn, it has a huge pool of traits that it could drop with. As a result, your results can differ wildly from someone else’s. In this guide, we’re going to cover how you can pick up Extraordinary Rendition in Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen.
How to get Extraordinary Rendition
Getting this SMG is actually pretty simple. As you start Season of the Chosen, you’ll pick up a challenge that sets the season off. This is the Challenger’s Proving challenge. You’ll complete this over the course of the season, but it’s better to smash it out in the first few hours. (www.newportworldresorts.com)
Step 7 of this challenge tasks you with killing a specific enemy with an SMG. If you manage to kill it in this way, this legendary weapon will be your reward.
you can also get it as a reward from Proving chests at the end of Battlegrounds activities. There’s a much lower chance of earning it from these though. While the quest is guaranteed.
Why is This Weapon so Good?
To understand what makes this SMG so good, we need to look at the stats and perks.
- Impact – 23
- Range – 57
- Stability – 17
- Handling – 69
- Reload Speed – 30
- Rounds per Minute – 750
- Magazine – 28
- Aim Assistance – 34
- Inventory Size – 35
- Recoil Direction – 97
- Zoom – 15
These are great, but the perks are better. As with Bottom Dollar, this SMG can drop with a huge range of perks. Below are the possible perks you’ll get on your version.
Trait Slot 1 Options
- Subsistence – Reserve capacity is reduced, but kills reload the magazine.
- Overflow – Special or heavy ammo pickups will reload this weapon beyond its normal capacity.
- Surplus – Stability, reload speed, and handling are all increased with each fully charged ability.
- Zen Moment – Stability is increased when you get a kill.
- Outlaw – Reload time drops dramatically with a precision kill.
- Firmly Planted – Firing while crouched will increase stability, accuracy, and handling.
Trait Slot 2 Options
- Multikill Clip – Reloading after rapid kills will increase your damage based on the number of rapid kills.
- Thresh – Kills generate a tiny amount of super energy for you.
- Tap the Trigger – Your initial trigger pull will increase your accuracy and stability for a short period of time.
- Rampage – Kills temporarily increase damage. This increase can stack up to three times.
- Frenzy – Damage, handling, and reload speed are increased when in combat for an extended period of time. It lasts until you’re out of combat.
- All for One – Damage is increased for a moderate period of time after hitting three enemies and damaging them.
There are so many different combinations of these traits that it’s impossible to tell you which one is the best. However, we can point out a couple of brilliant ones.
The combination that stands out is Subsistence and Rampage. This would see your weapon reloaded after every kill, and your damage increase with every kill too. As long as you run over enough ammo, you could endlessly kill enemies and benefit from the increased damage.
An underrated combination could be Overflow and All for One. You’d have more ammo to play with when trying to damage three enemies. This would then allow you to use the increased damage to slay everything else in sight.
Finally, we think that Zen Moment and Tap the Trigger would work well together. All this would do is provide unprecedented stability and handling, but if you get precision shots consistently then you don’t need anything else.